Friday 4 July 2014

A weekend with " Manor House - Mini album "

Helloooo...

Well today I wanted to share with you another of my Scrapbooking Memories Masters challenge that was published in last months issue..
I was sent a gorgeous package of flowers and papers from Manor house and was asked to either create a layout or an off the page project using as much product as possible. At first I was going to create a layout as I loved the paper frames that came in the pack. Although as I started the layout I was really not feeling it at all..

Then one night I was clearing out my Project Life trolley and was sorting and re organising , when I came across this Studio Calico box and some 6 x 4 cards that were inside. It got me thinking right away... perhaps I could create a little mini album and alter the Studio Calico packaging to house the mini album inside of it.. 

From that idea the album came together rather fast, as I was really enjoying the process, so go grab a cuppa and enjoy.. 




So to house the album I used an older Studio Calico project life kit box that used to be spent when they first started selling their kits.. So it was really easy to alter with a couple of coats of Kaisercraft paint. 

I then used my E6000 glue to adhere a pink satin ribbon underneath the box so that I could tie it up . I love how that turned out. 


I printed out some of my favourite quotes that I have had floating around on pinterest and I had to have this quote at the start of the album, as I actually have this quote tattooed into an infinity symbol on the back of my neck. It has such meaning to me and I was beyond excited when Amy Tangerine decided to release a collection with this very quote. 



The album turned out to be lumpy and bumpy and full of lots of textured pieces..I love that! 


I even managed to use this older making memories "b" from about 5 years ago . I just added paint ( the same as the box) then while the paint was still wet I sprinkled on some clear glitter. Once it was all fry I sealed it with some glossy accents. 


I used those gorgeous Manor House paper frames throughout the album as I love the way it adds a soft whimsical feel .


To adhere all of the flowers and embellishments I used my E6000 glue. Now I know it is not archival safe, but I either use a glue which I know will hold everything on there for a very long time with little hands tugging and pulling at pieces, or use an archival safe glue, which may stand the test of time, but not necessarily little hands. 


Then I added a little sequin pocket to the album, to use up some of my American Craft photo sleeves what I accidentaly bought. I thought when I purchased them that they would fit in as an extra sleeves to my Project Life albums , but they have the wrong holes . So they have been sitting collection dust.. Until now :) 


 I added a heap of glitter and sequins to the bottom half of the album and then I sewed across the Heidi Swapp moments sticker. I then added more glitter and sequins and sealed up the pocket. Now I did this to simply make sure that the sequins would not all sit at the bottom of the pocket. This way by sewing through the middle , sequins would stay on either side. 



 I just adore this little album and love the way it came together so easily. I have a little soft spot for mini albums at the moment , although I just need to find the time to make some more..

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Till next time 

much love 
Bernii xx













2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...