Tuesday 5 January 2016

A weekend with "Clique kits guest designer"

Heelloooo, 


I am so super excited to share with you today my first guest designer post for Clique Kits using their January Alegira Kit. This kit is choc full of gorgeous Fancypants designs Happy Place collection. 

 So today I actually have two layouts to share with you. The first one was based on the 6 x 6 " Happy Place" paper pad that I grabbed as an add on from the shop. I simply pulled out the papers that I loved and cut them down to 3x3  squares. 

family layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 1

Before adding my watercolour to the back ground I made sure that I brushed those areas with clear gesso so that the cardstock would not buckle and bend. It also helps the black fine line pen to adhere and write better over the watercolour which can tend to be a little glossy.

family layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 2

I just had to add in this exclusive flair to the layout somewhere. It is one of the cutest little foxes I have seen about.

Ifamily layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 3

Here is my second layout I also managed to make on the same day with the same kit, although this time i used the Putty me Colours cardstock that I also purchased as an add on from the store. You can find it HERE. To prep this page also I used clear gesso in a thin layer as I knew I wanted to create a mixed media background. 

this is bliss layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 1


I based this layout on the Hero Arts arrow stencil that I used modelling paste with smack bang in the middle of the layout. I wanted this to act as an anchor point / photo mat for the little 2 x 3 photos that I wanted to use. I then went around the stencil with yellow thread and sprayed over some yellow color mist. 


this is bliss layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 2

Here is  a closer look at how I created that centre stencil. 

this is bliss layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 4



this is bliss layout by Bernii Miller for Clique Kits Alegria Kit. 3


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope I have given you some inspiration to play with your Alegria kit. 

Thanks so  much for stopping by 

Till next time 

Much love 
Bernii xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...