Today, I am SUPER SUPER ( ahhhhh heck one more) SUPER excited to be talking , sharing and hopping about Project life!!
If you are here THANK YOU, and if you found me from Amanda's blog you are hopping on the right track!!
I was a asked by the lovely Manda from Life Paper Scrabook to share my passion and love about Project Life with all you lovely ladies.. So I really do hope that you enjoy my blog post! So if you have not done so grab a cuppa , and some yummy biscuits, and enjoy xx
So I am very very new to Project life but have been srapbooking for about 12 years now!! In those 12 years , I am very ashamed to say that I was a conessiour of product collecting and hoarding and very little actually scrapping!! My reason ? Well scrappers guilt mainly!! I was over whelmed with what to scarp and trying to stay in chronological order. I had my daughter 5 years ago and I was determined to stay on track , but very quickly was overwhelmed again, as I was taking wayyyyy more photos then I had time to scrap! So then nothing was getting done as it was all too much!! Welcome scrappers guilt!! Then my son was born 2 years ago and I started then too, but then felt guilty if I was scrap a LO about him, and then not my daughter... but hang on what about me ? ( ohhh you know you want yo go back and sing that .. ha ha ) Soooo when I stumbled across Project Life I was so excited and relieved to find something that would relive my guilt , get those memories down and allow me to scrap again with enjoyment and for fun!! I have had so much fun taking photos and making notes and LOVE seeing what goes on week to week!! In fact I have recorded more just this year alone, as opposed to the last 5 years of my scrapbooking!! Now that is saying something!
Recording these memories and taking photos for me is a breeze with 2 kids , BUT there have been times when I have , literally forgotten to take photos, as I have been sooooo busy ( or not really). So I wanted to write about what to capture when these time happen and you need "fillers" in your weekly spreads.
♥ WHAT TO CAPTURE ♥
There are two options here that you can take ( in my opinion) , either you can use filler cards, that usually have sayings or pictures , like the ones from the Bekky Higgins kits, or if you are like me and love photos, you can fill your week with pictures from around your home! But before I talk about photos, here is an example of a filler card I made for week 3 , about watching a movie that I absolutely love! So easy to do and worked out to be a great "filler " card.
Then for another week I need a 6x4 filler card, so I asked my daughter to draw me a picture, and she drew me this AWESOME ( a little biased here) dinosaur!! Perfect filler card again! She just learnt to draw rainbows so that too will become a filler card!
But if you are after photos, to perhaps keep balance in your weekly spread, then you need to look no further then inspiration from around your home. I have made a list of load of ideas, of things that we are used to using in our everyday life, but might not necessarily be the " everyday" in a few years time. I hope that some of these ideas, will become great "fillers" in your layouts!!
- Your house ( get outside and snap away)
- Your car
- Your child's car seat ( espcially the baby capsuals)
- A magazine or book cover, of what you are reading right now.
- Child's favourite toy right now.
- a picture of your favourite necklace around your neck, or ring on your finger.
- View from a window in your house, looking out.
- your street name sign.
- Your pets.
- Your "local" shops! I guarantee in a few years the shop fronts will change ,so this would be good to do in a few years again.
- A picture of your mobile phone. A picture of you logged into facebook! This might seem silly now, but a few back no one knew about facebook. An one remember Myspace ??
- A picture of your licence ( especially the older style one, as they are changing now to the new style), even bank cards, and if you still use a cheque book take a photo!!
- Your made bed.
- What is on your bed side table right now.
- Picture of your fridge! Yup open the door and snap a pic of what is inside.
- Favourite shoes. especially if they are fashionable right now!! you might giggle at this pic in a few years time. ( Spice girl shoes, might make a come back ha ha )
- Painted fingernails.
- A screen shot of your contacts list.
- Perfume bottle. The one you use right now!! ( Brute or old spice any one ?)
- Weekly shopping docket .
THANK YOU again for taking the time to be here and if you have any odes to add to the list, please leave me a comment so I can add to the list xx
Please now take the time to head on over to Ali Moloney's blog here, and show her some bloglovin' ..
If you have just joined then these other fabulous ladies are also in the hop
♥BLOG HOP LIST
Kellie Winnell - http://kelliewinnell.typepad.com/
Kylie Bellar - http://simplybella-ky.blogspot.com.au/
Amanda Watkins - http://amandathemadscrapper.blogspot.com.au/
Bernadette Miller - http://weekendatberniis.blogspot.com.au/ [YOU ARE HERE]
Ali Moloney - http://moloneystylestamping.wordpress.com/