Tuesday 20 August 2013

A weekend with " Zip-A-Dee-Doodle" layouts .. having lots of fun!!

Helllooooo out there :)

Hope you have been keeping well and finding time to scrap top your heart's content.. 

Well today I am here to share with you the brand new Zip-A-Dee-Doodle collection from BoBunny and my interpretation. At first you might look at this collection and find it a little hard to see past the black, white and green colour scheme BUT I want to show you just how versatile and FUN this collection really can be and it is only limited my your imagination. 

So today I will show you two layouts that I have made .. very similar back grounds, photo layout, cardstock, and similar placement although both are different in the colour scheme..So essentially one girl and boy version. So I hope after you see this that you do go out and find some Zip-A-Dee-Doodle to play with and share over at the BoBunny Facebook page as we LOVE to see what you are making.. 

This is really photo heavy so you may want to grab a cuppa and get cosy :)

Firstly this is the main paper that I used for both of my layouts called  " Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Crackle" 




So let's start with the first layout.. 

I LOVE getting out masks and mediums to play with and for this layout I was itching to play with my " The Crafter's Workshop" template. I painted on randomly some gesso and then sprayed on on some Mister Huey's mist while the gesso was still wet.. This allowed some parts to blend together a little , which I really like the look of. 



I then layered around the new Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Stamps to help create an extra " interest" element to the back ground.. the text on the stamp was just perfect and fitting for this layout. 


Then to help ground the layout more I decided to sew around a circle into the back ground using my trusty old sewing machine.. I LOVE doing this to layouts as it secretly holds a layout together , and helps your eye to look around the layout. To highlight it more I added some Zip-A-Dee-Doodle jewels and added the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle arrow stamp.. 





And finally the finished product.. I just LOVE this layout and love that I was able to create a more masculine layout for the special men in my life.

Now onto my other Zip-A-Dee-Doodle layout.. get out some sunglasses cause this one is bright!! ha ha 

Now the colours around this layout where chosen based on the gorgeous yellow Doubledot cardstock from the "Soft Shade" pack. I find this card stock perfect for using wet mediums on , as the card stock does not buckle like many others do.. 

So to start with I flipped over the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Crackle paper , which on one side is coloured yet on the other is doodling of the same image and really open to interpretation.. So I grabbed out my water colours (  a huge favourite of mine at the moment ) and started to paint in the little flower details..


Then I just fussy cut out the flowers I wanted and stacked them on top of each other to help create height and dimension using foam dots... I then traced around the flowers with some glitter glue to add some sparkle to each flower. 


 This time for this layout I used another " The Crafter's Workshop" template although this time I used the modelling paste to help create the textured back ground, and I let the Mister Heuys ink run down the page..



I also found some felt pieces after just re organising my sewing space and I thought they would be perfect to add to this layout.. I forgot how much fun felt can be and think I will try and add some more to future layouts. 

And finally the finished layout 


So as you can see even by using the same paper line does not have to mean that you use the same colours for all your layouts.. 

I hope that I have helped you spark a little inspiration and perhaps you too can dust off the watercolours you have lying around ( or your child's) and have some fun ..


Much Love
Bernii xx







7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, love how you have coloured the flowers and made them pop! Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracee :) I had so much fun dragging out and using the water colour for those flowers!! xx

      Delete
  2. I wasn't sure about these papers when I first saw them, but coloured like this makes them perfect for a retro look. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job on both these layouts. So colorful and artsy. I'm really loving all the watercolors on your second layout - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are such works of art! i love all the layers and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! These papers look fun. I love anything I can customize but not have to work too hard on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super great layouts Bernii!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...