Sunday 27 April 2014

A weekend with " Polly -march Spearmint Leaves kit"

Hellloooo....

Dropping in on this Sunday morning to  share with you a quick and fun little layout I made using the March Spearmint Leaves main scrapbooking kit.


At first I was going to create a layout using one of the fun Amy Tangerine Plus One papers, but at the moment I am really enjoying building my layouts based on white card stock. This allows me to add a lot more colour and layering into my layout, with out is being distracted by the back ground paper. And if you have seen the Plus One collection most of the papers are wonderfully bright and might become a little too overbearing ..

So in my true style I dragged out my water colours, gesso and even my lemon drop dazzlers and created a back ground that I knew would compliment the papers in the kit. I am not sure what it is but I tend to go back and forth between cleaner layouts and more mixed media influenced ones.

Cherish by Bernii Miller





To help also compensate for the very bold title found in the kits, keeping the back ground more subtle helps to balance my visual triangle.




Cherish by Bernii Miller



Then while I was waiting for my  lemon drop dazzlers  to dry I pressed in some of the cute as pie wood veener stars. 

Cherish by Bernii Miller

Then in stead of just mounting my photo on a plain white mat I layered a heap of the papers from the kit.. I even snuck in a doily from my own stash.. I am really loving those at the moment. Then I could not go past not adding the exclusive acrylic house chip from Amy Tangerine. 


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today..

Till next time

Much Love
Bernii xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Manda.. it was really fun to make :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...