Wednesday 5 June 2013

A week with " Getting my Christmas on"

So in the last couple of days I have started to get organised for Christmas.. in the way of decorations for my home.
This will be the 3rd Christmas we will have in our hose , and I finally feel like we are settled in and am ready to make decorations for certain areas in my home. I have some pretty big ideas; I just hope that I have enough time to get them done, with everything else in my life too.
I was actually inspired to have a go at “felting” after seeing a stunning and gorgeous new blog Down Grapevine Lane. Sedef had created a Christmas stocking and I LOVED the look of it. She was also kind enough to share the link as to where the purchased the kit HERE so I went over for a peek and before I knew it I had 5 new felt kits in my cart. I did not get any Christmas stockings as I have already made a couple of cross stitch ones , so I would like to keep going with that theme there.
I have started one of the patterns (a Christmas wreath to be exact) and to be honest trying to understand the new pattern was a little confusing to start with. I am so used to reading dress or cross stitch patterns, so this was challenge. So I started off my cutting out the base and then freaked out when I saw all those numbers!!


But I worked out that using the cover photo of the kit is really helping me make sense, and now the pattern is a breeze.



So I am really hoping to have this wreath and a felt advent calendar made in time for this Christmas THIS YEAR, alongside my other crafty endeavours.. But I figure if I start now surely I can be finished in time J




I would LOVE to know if you have made any felt creations yourself. As far as I can see now there only really seems to be felt toys, Christmas ornaments and food..



Much Love
Bernii 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...