Saturday 24 May 2014

weekend with " WOW - Masters Challenge"

Helloooo..

Well I can share with you this morning another layout I created for my Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Masters Challenge as the new issue has been issued. I was sent some pretty little plastic templates and some chipboard pieces and was asked to at least use one of each. 

So this is a layout you can see in Volume 16 No 10, and I decided to use the rose template . I firstly applied it using some gesso, then water coloured over the top, and THEN I went back and traced roughly around the template to make the rose's stand out. 

I love this technique and look forward to trying more of that..




I then simply used some older gold embossing powder for all the chipboard pieces .. Then to make the doily match the rest of the layout , I sprayed it with some Heidi Swapp colour shine.. LOVE that spray!! 


I then dug into my BoBunny flower stash and by seam binding tape to create a couple of flower clusters around my photo. 



You can see by outlining the rose template it does not get lost and look like just blobs of paint in the back ground. 



To glue all of my blossoms and chipboard down I use the E6000 glue. It is a very heavy duty glue and not archival safe ( not that I can see) but I can guarantee once you use this glue on a product it is never going anywhere. Nothing worse then flipping through older albums with bits and pieces all falling off all over the place. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and I love reading your comments. 

Till next time 

Much love 
Bernii xx





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...