Monday 30 June 2014

A weekend with " Creative Scrappers #272 reveal"

Hellooo..

Well it is another fun reveal day over on the Creative Scrappers blog today and this sketch is like no other!!
When Kristne asked us to play along with sketch #272 which had no photo I was at first, admittedly at little scared..yikes.. I have only ever created one other layout like this , about 7 years ago documenting my pregnancy .. 

But then as the scrappy-gods would have it , about 2 days after receiving this sketch my daughter out of the blue started telling me about her plans for when she grows up.. 
She was so matter of fact about it , that I knew I wanted it recorded so that I would remember this forever.. So sketch #272 was perfect !! 
\
And here is my take...

Remember by Bernii Miller





I have been making an effort to finish off layout's using up some older products, so I managed to sneak on some of this rather old paper flowers and I love the little punch of colour it adds to the layout. 

Remember by Bernii Miller


I also can;t seem to stay away from adding seam binding tape to my flower clusters :) I love the little " pretty" look it creates..

Remember by Bernii Miller


After creating the watercolour flowers, I used a sharpie fine tip pen to roughly outline the flowers. I tried just using a normal fine tip pen that I used with my journalling, but because of the resist the waxy watercolour created the pen was not working. 

The sharpie worked really well although it takes a lot longer to dry and can be easily smudged. I learnt the hard way..

Remember by Bernii Miller

This month with have a fabulous sponsor..



To win a prize from Paper Camellia  all you need to do is create a layout and enter the challenges using the inlinkz widget for Sketches 272-273 found over on the Creative Scrappers blog..
Deadline to submit your layout is July 31st at Midnight EST. 
Visit Paper Camellia;  Facebook / Kits / Blog 

Thanks so much for stopping by

Much love 
Bernii xx



2 comments:

  1. I love the mixed media background! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marcia. It sure was a little tricky :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...