Thursday 19 June 2014

A weekend with " Love Notes Mini Album"

Hellloooooo there :) 

Well today I am up over on the BoBunny blog showing of a mini album that I created with the BoBunny Misc Me range.. 
I have been hanging onto this for a while and am so excited to share it with you today :) 


Well Valentines has been and gone for another year but do not let that stop you from scrapbooking those moments you were head over heels for  that special someone in your life. That is exactly what I did here, with these 7 year old love notes that my husband wrote to me when we first starting dating and at the start of our engagement. So when BoBunny asked us to create a Misc Me inspired project using mixed media I instantly knew I wanted to create a lumpy bumpy keepsake that I would forever cherish. 

The Head Over Heals collection released by BoBunny is perfect for this Misc Me album that I completed. The sentiments and images that are present in the noteworthy packs and the sticker sheets are exactly what I was after. 

To start with I used a Misc Me Kraft Binder in the 8 x 9 in format and decorated the front with paper and embellishments right form the Head Over Heels collection. I then scoured through my notion cupboard and grabbed out bits of media that would suit the colour scheme. Mixed media does not necessarily mean loads of paint and stamps, it can just be the pretty little embellishments and notions you have been collecting , and always thinking to your self I will use that one day  and then adding them to your scrapbooking. For me it has been my pretty spotty tulle, heart ribbon, people cut outs with glitter thrown in for good measure. 



The whole concept of this album was so easy and fast to pull together, and it has to be said that it is now my favourite album I have to date. 


I am just so happy that after all this time I have been able to keep all the memorabilia in one place, and know that my children will cherish this for years to come. 

The different page combinations of the Misc Me collections made it really simple to slip in the post it notes, and actual letters that I have about. Then all I simply did was add empherma to the outside of most of the page protectors. I simply adhered those with either my tiny attacher ( making sure I did not go all the way through the page protector ) or with e6000 glue. This is not an acid free glue, but a heavy duty glue, which I know will stand up to the test of time and the wear and tear over time. 


I even managed to use up some of my crafting goodies. like this polka dot tulle that I had in my room. I love the dimension and texture it adds to my pages. I also love how it bulks up my album. I love the touchy feely stuff.


I love these BoBunny albums too as they allow me to add in extra memorabilia  by simply adding a few punched holes and then adding it directly into the album , just like the card below. 
 
 
Here is another example of how I added in extra elements from the noteworthy pack by simply adding some punched holes and then inserting it directly into the spine of the album . I love how this adds little extra interactive elements to the album. It also allows me to add extra journaling where it needs to be added. 


Well I hope that I have inspired you to pull out your Head Over Heels collection and use some of those Misc Me goodies you may have about and create your own Love Notes album. It may not have to be notes you received from your partner , in fact it could possibly be the art work your children bring home to you,which in fact are their little love notes to you. This collection really lends it's self to both a masculine and feminine feel so scrapping for either gender will work. 

Till next time 
Much love 
Bernii xx

 

BoBunny Supplies: 
Patterned Paper: Date Night , First Kiss , Endless Love/ Head over Heels. 
6 x 6 Patterned paper pack: Head over Heels
Double Dot Paper: Tutu Dot. 
Cardstock Stickers: Head over Heels. 
Layered Chipboard: Head Over Heels. 
Combo Stickers: Head Over Heels. 
Noteworthy: Head Over Heels. 
Layered Chipboard: Head Over Heels
Buttons: Head Over Heels
Misc Me Binder: Kraft 8 x 9 in .
Misc Me Page Protectors: 6 x 8 / 4 x 6 / 3 x 4 Page Protector pack.

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool that you documented and saved all these love notes! Very nice mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a wonderful treasure!! You've inspired me to do the same :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so cute! I have a bunch of notes like those from my BF...I really need to do something like this with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful album!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...