Sunday 15 June 2014

A weekend with " Our Lil Monster" party banner.

Helloooooo ...

Well today I am sharing something a little different for me over on the BoBunny blog, I was asked to create an of the page project and had just the project in mind!! So enjoy the post xx 


Well I have been a little busy of late getting my craft of one very special little nephew that will be celebrating his third birthday this month!! 




 I knew that the Our Lil Monster collection would be perfect to create a fun and colourful party set. 


I started with creating a banner using up pieces from the noteworthy pack and then gave my silhouette portrait a work out  creating lots of paper rosettes, and then by hand I made lots of fun pin-wheels. Then just for some extra sparkle and fun, I used some dimensional magic   in the corner of the larger pin-wheels and sprinkled some silver chunky glitter that I grabbed from my local cheap shop. 

Then to create the little clear buttons for the rosettes I used my circle epiphany tool , a perfect finishing touch. 


 I had so much fun creating these little straw flags. Using the strips off the 12 x 12 paper paper I save the little Our Lil Monster logo and used them directly on the little flags. They are a perfect fit. 


I also made a few party bags with elements from the paper banner , creating little clusters and sprinkles of glitter. I just love the way that they turned out. 



All together I love how this little set turned out and I KNOW that the little party boy will love it. I am hoping that the banner might become a little keepsake that he can also use in his room afterwards, 
  
Now to create the triangle banners/bunting, I firstly created a template using one of my older carstock pieces that I know I will never use..
  •  I measured across the top 7 inches and cut the card stock to make a rectangle. 
  • I then made a mark in the middle of the top at 3.5 inches and then measure down that line 8 inches. 
  • Then from the bottom of that middle line , match the lines up to the corners of the top line. So one line will match up from the bottom of the 8 inch line to the top 1 inch point, and then the other will go from the bottom of the 8 inch to the top of the 7 inch . This will make a triangle,
  • Then cut that out to create your template :)

Then to make the pin-wheels. 
Now I will tell you these will become addictive as they are so easy to make. 
For my bunting I used two sizes of pin wheels. A larger 4 x 4 in pin-wheel for the centre of the bunting and then tiny little 2 x 2 inch pin-wheels what i stapled to the ribbon in between each bunting. 
Here is a little step by step tutorial ..
  • Lay out your 6 x 6 paper pad and trim down to a desired square size. So let me show you a 6 x 6 one or this tute..
  • From each corner ( usually on the underside so you do not see the pen marks) draw a line in from each side directly to the middle. I went in 4 inches.
  • Then go around and cut the lines. 
  • Then folding in from the outer edge to the middle , use a tiny attacher to staple down the outer edge to the middle. Make sure that you keep folding in the same outer corner to the middle. 
  • Then once all your outer edges are stapled into the middle you can glue a gem , button, or perhaps another smaller pin-wheel to the centre. 
  • I also added some glitter tips to the ends of my pin-wheel, simply using some glassy accents and sprinkling on chunky glitter. 


Please if you need any more help just drop me a line or leave me a comment here as I would love to help out.. 

Till next time 
Much love 
Bernii x




BoBunnny Supplies: 
Patterned Paper: Stomp, Tough Guy, Happy, Dude, Adventure, All-Sar, Rawr, Curiosity/Our lil Monster.
Cardstock: Wild Berry- Double Dot.
Stickers: Our lil Monster Cardstock, Our lil Monster Combo sticker. 
Noteworthy: Our lil Monster
Buttons: Our lil Monster
6 x 6 Paper Pad: Our lil Monster




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...