Monday 31 March 2014

A weekend with " Catching Up with Heidi Swapp"

Hellloooo...


Well I think it is very safe to say I will move mountains, rain , hail or shine to make sure I get to " catch up" with Heidi Swapp.. We are super lucky here in Australia that we get another visit from Heidi so soon after her teaching tour at the end of last year.. The day Heidi was due here is Brisbane , it was by far one of the wettest days we have had in a very long time. We have been in drought and the rain was much needed, but this day alone I came home to 3 inches in the rain gauge... So the hair was wild, the clothes damp and the child a tad ratty from being cooped up in the car for the 3 hour drive there but it was so worth it!! 

Photo courtesy of the Heidi Swapp blog. 
It was an awesome turn out with so many familiar faces from our great little scrapbooking community that I have met through the internet. I managed to make the trek with a gorgeous friend of mine , who is not really a traditional scrapper any more but you know what us scrappers are like.. 1. we will take any opportunity to head to a craft store ( even if it is 3 hours away ) and 2 you only have to hear the word "scrapbook" and you are already making plans as to what you can buy to fit into your kind of scrapbooking.. ha ha .. 

  Heidi as always was so down to earth and willing to share her knowledge . She showed us some fabulous examples of her using the new Hello Today collection, which is now carried by our Spotlight stores.. 

This is just a little snippet of some of her stunning layouts.. So inspirational..


As I mentioned above I bought my daughter along with me as she often flitters around me when I am scrapbooking and she all too well knows who Heidi Swapp is.. So it was very funny to watch her be so friendly with Heidi, as she is normally quite shy due to her speech. 





Abigail was also very direct with how to spell her name right and that she also wanted a picture with Heidi... bless her.. 

So at one stage there I was sure Abigail would have happily traded me in right then and there or the one and only Heidi.. she was very taken with her :) 

So after Abigail's turn ( surely that is cray cray) I got a little time to catch up with my scrappy idol.. it is amazing the memory she has , as she remembered our past conversation and asked me how my Masters year was going.. 





I left there feeling totally inspired and chomping at the bit to get my hands on ALL of the Hello Today collection.. Even Abigail is very keen to play and make her very own memory file about our trip to visit Heidi. 


Thanks so much for stopping by..

Till next time
Much love 
Bernii xx



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...