Sunday 21 September 2014

A weekend with "Creative Sketches #278 reveal"

Helloooo..

Well today it is another reveal day over on the Creative Sketches blog and this is my last DT layout for this term :) 
I have LOVED creating with the awesome sketches and have managed to make a very small dent in my VERY large scrapbooking stash ha ha!! 

Well for this layout I decided to actually use up the last pieces of my Gypsy  Pocket Life kit from Scrappy Canary as all the little pieces were just to pretty and bold to throw away!! So I decided to finally take the plunge and create a layout with a paper piecing feel . I am a quilter, stitcher and patchworker from way back so doing this layout felt great and really has me itching to get back in amongst my fabrics.

Rawwww Scrapbook layout by Bernii Miller using Basic Grey and Elles Studio

The sketch called for a grid layout - which I just love using so much!! And I knew from the get go I wanted to swap out the back block and create this colorful background. 



I really love how it turned out and and can for sure that I will be using this technique again.. 



Rawwww Scrapbook layout by Bernii Miller using Basic Grey and Elles Studio


To soften the brightness and the bold patterns in the Basic Grey papers , I decided to create a wavy border to the top and bottom of the page with random off cuts from the kit. 


Rawwww Scrapbook layout by Bernii Miller using Basic Grey and Elles Studio


I found that using the 6x6 Basic Grey paper pad so much better for the kind off work as it really does needs the smaller patterns to be more effect...In my opinion any way :) 

P.S Isn't my little dinosaur the cutest ... 

 Rawwww Scrapbook layout by Bernii Miller using Basic Grey and Elles Studio


I do hope that you can come along and play with this new sketch ..

Here is the info..



This month My Creative Scrapbook is the sponsor and will be giving one lucky winner a kit from their gorgeous shop!! To win a prize all you need to do is participate in with either sketch reveal #277 or #278 and link it up over HERE.





Thanks so much for stopping by..

Till next time 

Much love 
Bernii xx




6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love the background and cute photos too! Sounds like you have many creative talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much !!! Fact of the matter is I have TOO much on the go lol... xox

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leanne.. It was a mini labour of love ♥

      Delete
  3. Such a cool die cut background, Bernii. It must have taken forever to fill all of those spaces but it looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is simply AMAZING! Stunning work and so love how it turned out.....your little dinosaur is gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...